Underwear is one of my favourite things to use as tool to boost my confidence or make me feel better about myself. Being a bigfatfatty I think a lot of people would assume that my underwear is all granny pants and unflattering, thick strapped, scaffolding bras but they couldn’t be more wrong! I like lacy, frilly, silky underwear. Don’t get my wrong, I’m a huge fan of the high-waisted-squish-it-in pants but I like those to be silky and frilly too! It hasn’t always been an option for someone with both a big bum and big boobs but over the last couple of years lingerie manufacturers seem to be upping their game a bit.
I was lucky enough to receive a bra from the new Cleo range at Panache; a brand that have always been consistent in providing comfortable, attractive bras for sizes D to KK. They pride themselves on having an excellent reputation for providing 3 core values; fit, support and comfort.
From their gorgeous range I chose Marcie, a pretty balconnet bra in red. I first asked for one a couple of sizes larger than my usual one of a 38H because the Tango bra I already have from them is a rather small in the cup. However, I should know not to try and be clever because it never works! Fortunately though, Panache were more than happy to exchange it for a smaller size and I ended up with a 38HH.
|That hesitant face; preparing itself for fat trolling.|
- Be honest…how old is your oldest bra? It’s actually only a year old but only because I was properly measured for my wedding last year and was told that the 42Fs I had been wearing for years were awful and I’m actually a 38H!
- What is your favourite colour underwear and why? Black, because I find I can mix and match bras with knickers easier.
- What is a good fitting bra to you? What do you look at to see if it’s a good fit? I have quite a few things I look for… one that contains all my boobs without getting them bulging out the top, the central gore sitting flush to my chest, gives a good lift and one that when I slip the straps down is still supporting my boobs well through just the band itself. I’m difficult to please!
- How often and at what sort of occasions do you wear matching underwear? I match in colour almost every day but I do make an extra effort to match a complete set if it’s a nice husband and wife occasion haha!
- What is your favourite type of bra and why? I prefer a full cup bra unless I’m wearing something when one won’t work. My boobs do have a mind of their own and tend to stage a breakout if I’m wearing something that isn’t a full cup!
- So…naughty or nice? With washing that is! Do you treat your bra to a gentle handwash or do you let it suffer in a washing machine? Eek, I put them in the washing machine! I do have a special little net bag that I pop them in though so they’re not getting as bashed around and I always make sure it’s a gentle wash.